Sunday 30 April 2017

Forester MBS 2401R Battery Upgrade

As part of my Solar installation, I needed to upgrade my batteries. I would have liked to go to LiFe PO4 but could not justify the cost, so I went with less expensive Trojan T105's in order to do this I had to modify my battery compartment raising it 1 1/2" to make room for the added height of the Trojans.

This is what I started with


Due to the extra width of the Trojans, I had to relocate the existing circuit breakers.


Using 2X2 lumber I built a frame around the existing battery compartment.



Then installed the batteries. An added benefit of doing this is my wiring is much neater and maintaining the batteries is much easier.



Share:
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

2 comments:

  1. Great techie info - just what I've been looking for, for my own 2018 Sunseeker 2400R due later this month.
    Raising the battery compartment lid/step sure beats lowering the floor.
    I'm looking to move to the full solar install, but need to take small steps towards that final state. Do you have any performance data yet? It'd be a great follow-up post.
    Thanks,
    2018 Sunseeker 2400R
    https://adventurousretirement.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
    Cheers
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here https://rvguiders.com thank

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.